MAPA offers scholarships based on financial need and commitment to the performing arts.
Funding comes from MAPA’s Hawaii Community Foundation Fund, Brownee Browne Scholarship Fund, Visitor Industry Charity Walk and the generosity of individual donors.
Scholarship Applicants must be:
- A Maui resident
- 7-18 years old
- Or entering 2nd grade or higher (public, private, or home school)
To ensure integrity, MAPA’s Board of Directors adopted the following policies and guidelines:
- As respected and honored members of MAPA, scholarship recipients agree to conduct themselves as professionals, attend all scheduled classes and honor all work time commitments.
- Scholarship recipients may study only at MAPA sponsored classes during the scholarship period and may not study at another studio or be a member of another dance group or drama group offering the same type of classes. Exceptions are made for school and church activities.
- Scholarship recipients and their families may be asked to volunteer their time toward MAPA projects as designated by the office.
- Scholarship awards may be rescinded if a student fails to attend required classes; perform specifically required scholarship duties; comply with above guidelines, or behave properly.
Payment plans and scholarships are only available through the office.