Payment is due in full or by pre-arranged payment plan at registration. Fall accounts must be fully paid by November 1st. Spring accounts must be fully paid by March 1st. Students with unpaid balances will not be permitted to re-register until their account is paid in full and may be required to pay in full at re-registration.
Any drop/change to original registration of schedule will be subject to a $25 fee per drop/change unless the drop/change is recommended by a teacher.
Refunds (less fees) may be given during the first two weeks only. Credits (less fees) may be given during the first four weeks only. NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS will be issued after the first 4 weeks of the semester. Credits are valid for one year. In the event that MAPA cancels a class, a refund less the classes taken ($18 for a class an hour long or less and $20 for a class running more than an hour) will be issued. Tuition may be pro-rated if you register 3 weeks after the class has begun.
Trial Class and fees should be arranged with the MAPA office in advance. If you are unsure if your child will want to take a full semester of a class, your child may take one $20 trial class. After trying the class you must officially enroll and pay if your child is to continue with the class. If the child registers for the class, the trial class payment will be applied to the total tuition. Closed/full classes cannot accept trial class students.
Punch Cards are available for those wishing to take single classes and may be purchased through the MAPA office. Either 4 or 9 class punch cards are available. 4 class cards are $80 and 9 class cards are $160 where the 9th class is free. Punch cards will not be accepted in closed/full classes.
A $35 fee will be assessed for all returned checks. After one NSF, ONLY cash or money order will be accepted.
MAPA teachers and staff have the discretionary authority to remove a student if a disciplinary issue arises. See behavior policy below.
If an injury necessitates missing classes for two weeks or more, accounts may be credited for one subsequent semester upon submission of a physician’s note.
Missed classes may be made up during the current semester ONLY. Makeup classes must be the same type of class (i.e. Ballet II makes up in ballet class – not in jazz or any other type of class.)
Parents are invited to observe the class on our designated “Parent Observation days.” Take a look at our Calendar to see when our next Observation day will be. Viewing classes at all other times is only allowed with advance permission of the instructor or during an invited sharing. Please leave cell phones, food and drink outside all classrooms.
MAPA reserves the right to use any photos and video taken of the student(s) in all promotional material including, but not limited to, MAPA’s website, publications or advertising.
“Push Class” Policy
If a student is taking all classes at their level than they may request to take a “Push Class” which is above their current level with Dance Directors approval. Individual teachers may not decide to approve a push class without Dance Directors approval.
MAPA’s Studio Rules
- Arrive 5 minutes prior to class time with the appropriate dance apparel and footwear. Be ready to dance and have fun!
- Bring a water bottle for water.
- Only water will be allowed upstairs. All food must be consumed downstairs in the lobby or outside on the deck. No gum chewing or food allowed in the studios.
- Respect your space and clean up after yourself and others.
- No dirty street shoes to be worn in dance studios.
- Be mindful of other students possibly younger than you and watch your language.
- Leave bathrooms cleaner than how you found them.
- Never leave belongings unattended; bring all things into the studio with you and place under chairs neatly.
- Please turn cell phones off or put on silent when in class.
- Talking/ socializing is not allowed during class.
MAPA’s Behavior Policy
At MAPA, we believe that a safe, positive learning environment is essential for effective learning in the arts. Our teachers make every effort to create an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, and respect. With the support of home, school, and community, we believe that every student is capable of taking responsibility for their own behavior and making choices that are respectful and safe.
If a student chooses to:
- disregard the instructions of a teacher or person in charge
- put another student or self in physical danger
- put another student in emotional danger
- break any conditions in a contract signed by the student
The following disciplinary course of action will ensue:
- first infraction verbal warning
- second infraction meeting with student, parent or guardian(s) and MAPA staff member(s)
- third infraction immediate removal from the program (no refunds)
MAPA’s Summer Policies
- Placement of incoming 7th-grade students will be determined by the staff and director
- All accounts must be fully paid by the first performance
- All participants MUST assist with strike following the final performance
- Parents are expected to volunteer at least 4 hours of time for the production
- A contact sheet will be distributed with each participant’s name, email, phone number and hometown to facilitate carpool arrangements
- In order for all participants to get the most out of this experience, we cannot allow more than 2 absences-whole or partial- per child without it affecting her/his participation in the final production. If you foresee conflicts, please list on a separate sheet and submit with the enrollment form. It is at MAPA’s discretion to accept or reject an application depending on the number of possible absences.
- Full refunds (less a $25 drop fee) will be given until the first day of the program. No refunds will be given after the program begins. Students withdrawing within the first three days of the program will receive tuition credits toward other MAPA programs. No refunds or credits will be given after the first three days of the program.